The Inaugural Smokey Blue Rally
The inaugural fundraising event for Moyamoya Australia, incorporating the wonderful Tablelands towns, and ending up with celebrations at Undara experience!
The Smokey Blue Rally is a “write your own adventure” activity. You will be given a starting point that is dependant upon where you are starting your rally, and you will be required to go to at least 5 of the 11 identified towns on the Atherton Tablelands.
Once you arrive to each town, you will be parking your vehicle and looking for treasure, based on a cryptic clue! Once you have that treasure, you must check in to the town in Facebook, and you will also be given the opportunity to answer a quiz question for bonus points.
You can even earn bonus points by purchasing items from any business displaying the “I’m a Smokey Blue Supporter” sign.
Any receipts that are dated 3 October 2020 will earn you 1 point! When you have gone to at least 5 towns, you can start to make your way out of Ravenshoe, but don’t let the 5 towns limit you! You can go to all of them if you want to!
Have a look on your Workbook and see if you can identify the one town that has the highest number of points available…
You must leave Ravenshoe by 1pm, and have arrived at Undara by 4pm, but there will be a few stops along the way, so please make sure you leave plenty of time! Points will be deducted for late departure from Ravenshoe and late arrival at Undara.
When you get to Undara, you will go through a check in station to hand in your workbook. Then its time to check in to your accommodation, and join us in the restaurant for a well earned coldie! The evening will be a celebration of the day, presentation of tropies that have been donated to us by Shannons Insurance, and also drawing of the raffles.
There is a Roast Buffet, with pudding, on Saturday night, and all registered participants will be offered the reduced price of $22.
The best part will be listening to the wonderful sounds of Rhylee Wilkinson, and then grooving the night away to Dr Elephant and DJ Shacks.
On Sunday, enjoy the Bush Breakfast for $17.50 per adult, and that morning is the perfect opportunity to go on tour of the world renowned Undara Lava Tubes. Tours are running at 8am, 10.30am and 1pm.
Book your tour now by contacting Mona at firstname.lastname@example.org From Lunch time on Sunday we will be celebrating again, with live music and a recovery party.
On Monday, when we all wake up with clear heads, we can take the leisurely drive home, and why not stop in at our towns and see the things we missed on Saturday!
$25 for Adults, and $20 for kids under 16. 100% of profits to Moyamoya Australia, raising awareness for stroke and Moyamoya disease.
- Must obey Queensland road rules at all times. Points will be deducted in the event of a traffic infringement notice issued by the Queensland Police. As part of the Moyamoya Australia “Smokey Blue Rally” Road Safety management plan, participant/s will be penalised by the organiser if they commit any road safety infringements during the course of the event. A condition of entry in the Moyamoya Australia “Smokey Blue Rally” is that participant/s consent to the notification in respect to the issuing of a road safety infringement by the Qld Police Service (QPS), on a participant, to the event organiser so that event penalties can be imposed. Intended penalties will consist of points deduction from the event tally. The exact nature of the offence will not be disclosed by the QPS to the event organiser. (10 points per 10 minutes).
- Must hold a valid drivers licence.
- Be courteous and respectful of all volunteers and other participants at all times.
- First tokens can be collected no earlier than 8am on 3 October.
- Each vehicle must collect at least 5 tokens, from at least 5 different towns.
- Only one token per vehicle can be collected at each town.
- Must use Facebook to “check in” in each town where participants have collected tokens.
- The minimum number of towns that you must check in to is 5, however there is no limitation to increasing this number for participants.
- Must have passed through Ravenshoe by no later than 1pm on 3 October. Points will be deducted for late departures. (10 points per 10 minutes).
- There will be bonus points available along the way, but after Mt Garnet.
- Must have arrived at Undara by no later than 4pm on 3 October. Points will be deducted for late arrival. (10 points per 10 minutes)
- Remaining tokens will be available to be collected on Sunday after the event has been finalised. This will be for a gold coin donation.
- Each vehicle must have access to Facebook for the duration of the event.
- At least one participant from each vehicle will be required to view the safety briefing that will be pre-recorded by the Queensland Police. There are bonus questions hidden in the safety briefing, so ensure that you watch the entire video.
- Participants coming up Kuranda Range must pass through Kuranda. Participants coming up Gillies Range must pass through Yungaburra. Participants coming up Palmerston Range must pass through Millaa Millaa. Participants who commence their Rally on the Atherton Tablelands (ie those who are not coming up one of the abovementioned ranges) must pass through Herberton and must start their rally in Tolga.
- Participants will use the attached Work book to record their outcomes during the rally, and will present their workbook to the event organisers upon checking in at Undara Experience.
- In the event of a vehicle breakdown, participants are required to advise the organisers to ensure that their location is accurately recorded. Points for arrival at Undara or departure from Ravenshoe will not be deducted if there is a reason that is beyond the participants control.
While we work like crazy to bring the finer details and rules and event together in 3 short months, we invite you to register your team and book accommodation now.
This is a family friendly event raising funds for Moyamoya Australia.
The Smokey Blue Rally finish line and after-party is at Undra Experience. Book your accommodation early to avoid disappointment. Camping, Cabins, and Swag Tents available.
Don’t forget it is a long weekend! Monday 5th Oct Queens Birthday.